Last Revised: September 13, 2022
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The information we collect from you varies, depending on the way you use our Site. We collect information from or about you in the ways described below:
Information You Provide to Us
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment information, including credit or debit card information
- First Supply account number
If you apply for employment with us through this Site, we collect the following personal information: your name, address, email address, and phone number, and we may additionally collect from you information relating to your education and employment history as part of your employment application. Not all requested information is required, however, and we specifically indicate what information is required in order to submit your employment application.
Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Site
You do not need to provide personal information in order to browse or use our Site. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, however, we may automatically collect certain information from you that does not necessarily personally identify you, but relates to your equipment, browsing activities, and interactions with our Site (collectively “Other Information”), including:
- details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, times you have accessed pages, pages you have viewed, searches you have conducted on our Site, and the pages you visited before or after navigating to our Site
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
These tracking technologies do not collect personal information, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information in various ways to operate our business, provide you products and services and our Site. The ways we use your information include:
- to operate and present our Site and its contents to you.
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- to present you with marketing relating to our products and services, including promotions, coupons, and other discount offers, and more relevant display advertisement.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to communicate with you about our services, Site, or any products or services, and respond to inquiries and customer service requests .
- to consider you for employment.
- to analyze and improve the Site and our products and services, including developing and improving products and services, ,monitoring and analyzing trends and usage.
- to prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of the our services or Site.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of First Supply LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by First Supply LLC about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- to verify information you provide in connection with an employment application.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to enter a promotion.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Business Personal Information:
- to prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate a security or other legal concern, including fraud.
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of First Supply LLC, our customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
How We Use Google Analytics
Do Not Track
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed above (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the Third Party Ad Network section below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: thenai.org/opt-out/ (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your Business Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We will try to update and allow you to access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will disclose the fee before we comply with your request. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful.
Emails, postal mail: You can stop receiving email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in the email communications. In addition, you can request that we stop sending you postal mail along with email by sending a request to email@example.com. We will retain your email address in order to be able to abide by your opt out choice. We make efforts to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g. purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the services, and technical and security notices). We cannot delete your personal information in most circumstances except by also deleting your user account. There may be instances where we may not be able to delete your data or where we retain a copy of your data, for example, where we may need it to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights of others. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you, however. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this policy does not apply to them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Site, are subject to that third party’s own rules and privacy policies. Please read the terms of such websites carefully and exercise care when providing your personally identifiable information.
First Supply LLC, Attn: eCommerce Dept. 6800 Gisholt Dr. Madison, WI 53713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.